Friday, November 14, 2008

Everyone else is doing it.

I've been told by a few people now that we need to start a blog. So, here it is. Its our intention to use it to keep up with family and a few friends who have interest in the mundane aspects of the Jones household. It might also be a good way for my husband and I (who do not journal) to keep a record for our kids to enjoy.

For instance, we wouldn't want to forget that this year when we took Abel trick-or-treating. We explained the process of walking door-to-door to get treats. He had an excited and apprehensive look on his face. "Me get shot?" he asked. Poor child. The only time we give him treats is after he gets shots. And the amazing thing to me was that he was willing to endure another one to get treats.

And without a blog, I'd surely forget this timeless conversation I overheard Abel having with himself while walking down the aisles of Target:
"Look at me buns"
"Don't say 'buns', say 'God'"
I won't even begin to try to interpret this one. We haven't tried to give him hang-ups about buns OR God.

I wish I could capture in writing the joy of watching Abel make Gwendolyn laugh. She adores her big brother and thinks most of what he does is hilarious.

So that's what we're up to these days. Delighting in the wonderfulness of our children. I know no one else will find it quite as delightful as we do but if you're interested, feel free to read along.

3 comments:

  1. Story, I'm so xcited you started a blog! I'll definitely check it often to see what you guys are up to! Hope you are well!

    - Lindsey Allenby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! I can't wait to bookmark this and keep up with your family. It will be great to see pictures and video clips (if you have any)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Story, I love your story about Abel. :) I've added your blog to my reader - please post frequently!

    ReplyDelete